Sunday 28 October 2012

Tough Times


It’s been a rough couple months.

Waking up every day knowing that the day you’re about to face isn’t going to be a pleasant one. Being unable to hold anything down, losing weight that you can’t afford to lose due to you being skinny in the first place and just generally feeling weak 100% can and has really changed my attitude the last three months.

That’s right. I’ve been going through this for three months now.

What makes it all worse is the hospital appointments. Going once every three weeks just to hear that they don’t know what’s going on does lift my spirits any higher.

So you can imagine my anger and general frustration when I went last week to hear that I had been diagnosed with something . . . and not told about it.

Tell me, does it make sense to diagnose your patient with an illness and not tell them that they’ve been diagnosed?

. . . I think not.

All this time that I have been suffering in bed, not being able to go to school, ralphing and what not, I could have been researching on what I have, trying to see what I could do personally to fix or make the problem better.

I’ve been told I have Pyloric Stenosis – a condition that causes vomiting and weight loss. It’s basically a narrowing of the opening of the stomach to the small intestine. It’s mainly found in babies, but for adults, it’s due to scarring and ulcers and such (Google it for more info.)

Now that I know, I’m doing everything I can to try and figure out what I can do to make my situation tolerable.

I’m blessed though. In all this, the support that surrounds me is still strong. Thanks to everyone who has been by me. It’s really appreciated. I was admitted a couple times, but for no more than a day. And my biopsy was a grade zero so I’ve got that to be thankful for. Gotta keep my head up.

Take Care & Much Love
David The Recipient

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Not cool. They definitely should have told you. I'm glad that you know now and can do your best to help your situation.

I'm sorry that more has happened to you, but you are such a strong and positive person, you are a huge inspiration. You make me smile!

Chin up, bud. <3

29 October 2012 at 17:19  
Blogger David The Recipient said...

Thanks a lot Jessica. I really appreciate it. I will continue to stay positive! =)

2 May 2013 at 15:05  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home